Costume ideas

Everything in my piece has to have a meaning, from the lighting to the oufit i wear. I’m not going to wear a ‘Costume’ as such as my piece is autobiographical, i am playing me, not a character. I want to keep it casual and light-hearted, like the tone of my piece. I take the negatives and try make jokes as that is my way of dealing with living with diabetes. From my idea of actually skyping my performance/ using videos i thought it could be clever if on the screens there was a loading sign- firstly my body is always having to re-charge itself and load up/ adjust its setting and secondly the symbol for type 1 diabetes is in fact a blue circle. Therefore, a  blue loading circle on a screen could be used. Then when the screen finally loads it could say “powered by insulin” . T-shirt wise i did think about designing a football tshirt with the number 1 on the back so the front would say diabetic, then the back name would say “Type” then a large 1. However, i am drawn to the carbs t-shirt as it is in fashion and people wear it thinking it’s funny or in fact they have no idea why they bought it. If i wore it, it would create a whole new different meaning, and as i want the audience to understand it is not just sugar that affects me, it is carbohydrates which play the main part in my daily lifestyle.